Monday, February 9, 2009

Banish those stretch marks.....or never get them in the first place!



I had my daughter on May 11, 2008. When I first found out I was pregnant, I was super excited! I had always dreamt about being a mother my whole life, and here it was already happening to me at the age of 20. Now I am not the conceited type of person even in the least bit, but I was definitely worried about getting those 'stretch marks', yeah those things you hear every pregnant women talking about. Also stretch marks tend to run in your genes; if your mom got them, chances are pretty high that you too will get them. Stretch marks are caused when the skin is stretched to the point of breaking down, similar to elastic losing its' elasticity. Losing collagen and elastin in the skin causes stretch marks, loss of tone, fine lines and wrinkles. When there is a breakdown or loss of elastin and collagen fibers or excessive stretching in the skin, the mark actually shows through to the
epidermis (top layer of skin).

Stretch marks often occur in the normal course of development especially in women. They are frequently aggravated by rapid growth, pregnancy, hormones and some other natural causes. Severe stretch marks can be caused by some medications including steroids such as cortisone. Stretch marks are weaknesses in the supporting structure of the skin causing layers of the skin to separate leaving the skin grooved and discolored. Stretch marks develop when the skin is excessively stretched during pregnancy, weight gain or growth spurts. Dermal collagen is damaged and blood vessel dilation results in the formation of red or purple-colored early stretch marks. Inflammation and collage opigmented scars that most people associate with mature stretch marks.

I am the kind of girl who wears makeup(who doesn't?) and I absolutely love the summer time! So I really didn't want stretch marks to ruin my plans of wearing a bikini for the rest of my life; hey at least until I am out of my twenties! immediately following the positive pregnancy test result, I rushed to walmart for some of that good ole' 'cocoa butter' since I had always heard it works well on the prevention and diminishing of stretch marks. I used this cocoa butter religiously (about 5 times a day), that is until i went to Walgreens one day with my mother-in-law and the lady working there asked me if I had ever tried this BIO~OIL stuff as she held it in my face. I told her no and then she began talking about how great it was for stretch marks and dry skin, she told me that this stuff was non-greasy too which was a plus. I can't stand putting on lotion and it leaving my hands sticky! She put a small amount into my hand and I guess I embarrassed my mother-in-law cause I pulld up my shirt in the store and rubbed it on my ripened belly just as the lady had instructed me to do. I asked her the price and was surprised when she told me it was $12. 95 cause the bottle was smaller than a tube of toothpaste.

I bought me a bottle and came back about twice a month until Kiah was born to buy me some more! BIO~OIL IS A MIRACLE!!! IT ABSOLUTELY WORKS, NO DOUBT! I CAN PROMISE YOU THIS LADIES..... You couldn't pay me enough money in the world to stop using this miracle oil. I am telling you that if you are pregnant, have stretch marks as a result of weight gain/ or loss then BIOOIL is most definitely something you can't live without!!

I don't have one stretch mark to show that I was pregnant, but I do have this beautiful baby girl named Kiah May Hill. If someone were to take a glance at my body, they would NEVER guess that I gave birth just 8 months ago. I also know this works on lightening existing stretch marks, for I use it on my breasts now since I 'failed' to do so during my pregnancy for some stupid reason, but it is working wonders on those too :p Advice to all you beautiful prego ladies out there, use this Bio~Oil not only on your tummy but also on your thighs, breasts, and upper arms. Use it pretty much wherever you already have stretch marks whether they be dark or very light ones. (these are most likely from growing) So heed my advice and I promise you will thank me later!! I am living proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment